Wednesday, July 4, 2018

What just happened?

I woke up the other day with a notification email saying that a comment was left on this blog. It was the strangest thing I have seen in awhile, and I live on the internet.

Things I wrote actually have been read (and commented on) by other people? 

Anyway, I had abandoned this blog quite some time ago, feeling like no one ever read it. Plus I went through more bouts of depression and illness, and after getting better again, I had completely forgotten this blog even existed.

I had considered ignoring the comment, even though it was positive and wonderful, and I was excited that I had affected someone at all. I have been thinking about it and seeing more and more comments come in and views being logged, I decided that a whole blog about illness and depression should probably not just end so abruptly. Just in case anyone got concerned.

So here I am, letting everyone know that I actually am okay.

I got a job and treatment for my Crohn's; I eventually stopped going to my therapist because I felt SO MUCH BETTER, then I got a little worse again (but that was mostly because my job was killing me and my soul very slowly).

I eventually got let go from there and I've gone through a couple of other treatments in the meantime. I was unemployed for a few months and then finally got a new job! I'm exercising and eating right and will eventually get back down to a healthy weight and maybe even able to kick some ass (baby steps).

I'm going back and forth on if I should continue this blog. I suppose maybe it just depends on if there's any call for it. Or maybe I'll read through these posts and re-inspire myself to continue. Who knows?

If I don't, don't worry about me. But if I do, you are always welcome here. (I mean, you'll be welcome here regardless, but I may not engage at all). I might even just link to my other blog from here if I decide not to, I don't know. We'll see.

Until then, take care of yourselves!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU (yes, you!) are ABSOLUTELY encouraged to post your own stories, comments, suggestions, and kind words to other readers! But please, be nice. This world is already full of enough, shall we say, gruffness. Also, no medical advice should be given or taken here--that's why we go to see doctors. Thanks in advance! <3