Thursday, March 5, 2015

Remission is Weird, part 2, or: "Oh yeah..."

As I write this I realize this might have been written a little out of order; I should have written this post first. I was just so excited about it all that I dove in head-first. Oh well...

The other day, I was folding laundry and letting my mind wander. I was stuck on a pretty toxic line of thought: things I can't do because of energy levels. If you read the last post, then you know that this is a load of bullshit (I do still have Crohn's, but that is also in remission, minus my arthritis issues).

Well, I was mid-thought: "I just don't have the energy because of the Crohn's and depression...wait a second..." when I got the idea for these couple of articles. I'm not depressed anymore. I do have the energy to do things. I no longer have an excuse to not do chores or exercise, or even have fun (this makes sense to my depressed brothers and sisters out there). So what the fuck am I waiting for?

Things I excused myself from (whether legitimately or not): chores around the house, self-improvement, eating well, personal hygiene (gross, I know), wearing at least jeans instead of sweatpants in public, breaking habits, making friends, starting hobbies, and the list goes on.

So now, I have identified my (lack of a) problem. Now I need to completely retrain myself to stop thinking I'm depressed as a way to not try to flourish in life. I am finally in a position to live. And now is where it gets terrifying. Because this is where I have to exist outside my comfort zone. I should have started earlier, but hindsight's a bitch.

This is where this blog changes, as I go out into the wilds and report back my findings to the Depressed Continent. Hmm...that would have made a much better name for this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I am regular reader, how are you everybody?
    This piece of writing posted at this website is
    truly fastidious.

    ReplyDelete

YOU (yes, you!) are ABSOLUTELY encouraged to post your own stories, comments, suggestions, and kind words to other readers! But please, be nice. This world is already full of enough, shall we say, gruffness. Also, no medical advice should be given or taken here--that's why we go to see doctors. Thanks in advance! <3